Standard Liege vs Oostende
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Friday, 24 January 2020
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Stade Maurice Dufrasne (Liege).
As Oostende is at the bottom part of the table, Standard Liege will be the favorites to win in the clash at Liege.
- Standard Liege form: 22 matches – 11 wins – 5 draws – 6 losses – 38 points.
- Oostende form: 22 matches – 5 wins – 3 draws – 14 losses – 18 points.
Standard Liege is at the fifth spot in the league table while Oostende is closer to the relegation spot at the 15th position in the table.
Standard Liege vs Oostende Head-to-head (h2h)
- Since 2017, Liege has won all five matches in their overall meetings.
- Both teams have scored goals in their past five fixtures.
- Two of the last three clashes held here had ended in a draw.
- Their previous encounter awarded a 1-4 away win for Liege.
Standard Liege vs Oostende Prediction
After five winless matches with three losses in it, Standard Liege was able to win a game in their previous encounter. They defeated KV Mechelen on the road with a 2-3 score on the board.
Meanwhile, Oostende has continued dropping points for the third time in a row in their previous encounter. Despite being at the comfort of their home ground, Oostende suffered a 0-1 defeat to the likes of Waasland-Beveren.
At home, Standard Liege has lost only two of their 11 matches so far this season in the campaign. Even though the two losses came recently, it came against the top part teams like Mechelen and Gent.
In the meantime, Oostende has lost nine of their 11 away games with just one win so far this campaign season.
Hence, Oostende has shown a poor away form and also in their overall games. As such, Standard Liege probably has a better opportunity to take all three points from the match.
Standard Liege vs Oostende Betting tips
Half-time/Full-time: Standard Liege-Standard Liege @ 1.80 (4/5).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.50 (1/2).