Standard Liege vs Genk
Belgium- Jupiler League
Date: Sunday, 28 October 2018
Kick-Off at 13:30 UK/ 14:30 CET
Venue: Stade Maurice Dufrasne (Liège).
Former champions will play against each other this Sunday night. It is one of the most watched clashes in the league.
The Reds were the runners up in the league last season but are struggling this season. They are the team which has been playing at the top level longer than any other.
Liege are 5th in the league with 5 wins and 2 defeats. Coach Michel Preud’homme need to up his game to get his players going.
Last match in the league was an away game and was a goalless draw to Mouscron.
The 10 time champions last laid their hands on the league trophy back in 2008/09 and despite good performances in recent seasons have not been lucky enough to come out on top.
Revenge will be on the minds of the Smurfs for the five goal thrashing they got last time on the same fixture. The hosts were near perfect in all aspects in that game. They had more possession and got more corners by pressurizing the Genk defense.
Goals were scored by, Renaud Emond, Edmilson junior and Duje Cop and a brace from Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez completed the emphatic win for the home side.
Standard Liege vs Genk: Head-to-head (h2h)
- In last 20 h2h games Liege has won 12 games and lost only 2 to their opponents.
- The last time they met the Reds won 5-0 at home.
- The Reds have 4 wins and 4 defeats inn last 10 games. In those games 8 games had over 2.5 goals in total.
- At home they have 3 wins in 5 and are on a 2 game win streak.
- In their last 10 games Genk lost only once and has 8 wins. In 8 of those games over 2.5 goals have been scored at the final whistle.
- Away from home they have 3 win sin 5 matches in all competitions.
Standard Liege vs Genk: Prediction
One of the classic fixtures in Belgian football is due on Sunday. The hosts are undefeated in last 4 games. Also the leaders are on a 2 game win streak.
With the rate at which both the teams are scoring there will be a lot of goals.
The fact that the Smurfs has never lost in the league is great for the fans and the Coach Philipe Clement. Trossard is a player on form and the team’s top scorer with 8 goals. He will possibly be on the scoresheet.
Standard Liege vs Genk: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.68 (2/3).
BTTS @ 1.57 (4/7).