St Pauli vs Regensburg
Germany – 2. Bundesliga
Date: Sunday, 21 June 2020
Kick-Off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Millerntor-Stadion (Hamburg)
Apart from the narrow home win against Aue, the hosts had a dry run in recent weeks. They are currently placed 13th in the league table. St Pauli can make or break their own season in the upcoming matches. With just 5 points between them and the relegation zone, the team from Hamburg needs to get back to winning ways as soon as possible.
Regensburg is the stark opposite in terms of form when compared to their upcoming opposition. They have lost just once in the last 5 league games. That 4-1 loss to Heidenheim was not a surprise since the latter was one of the top teams all season. The positions from 5 to 11 are very closely packed in terms of points so they still have a chance to better their rank.
St Pauli vs Regensburg: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Jahn Eleven has two wins and a loss against this opposition in 5 previous meetings.
- Both sides found the back of the net in four of those five games.
- Three games during that spell also had more than 2.5 goals at ninety minutes.
- The hosts have never lost to Regensburg at this ground.
- In the three head to head clashes here, the hosts have two wins and a draw.
- Both sides scored in all those three competitive matches here.
- All three of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
St Pauli vs Regensburg: Prediction
St Pauli may be losing matches in recent weeks but they are still one of the top five home teams. They are yet to lose a match in front of their home crowd in 2020. With an 8 match unbeaten run going on and head to head dominance, I support St Pauli to get all three points in this tie.
Regensburg is also good at home but they have tasted defeat in half of their 16 trips this season. They have still scored a healthy 20 goals in those matches as they did in all head to head games at this ground. There was never a shortage of goals when these two met at this ground. So I am backing the hosts to win with both teams getting in the score sheet.
St Pauli vs Regensburg: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.53 (6/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.62 (5/8).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.