St Patrick’s Athletic vs Derry City
Ireland – Premier Division
Date: Monday, 3 August 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Richmond Park (Dublin).
The hosts remain unbeaten in two league games on the trot. But they are losing matches in frequent intervals this season. This will be a headache when they welcome Derry City to their backyard.
The Candystripes is currently on a two-match losing run. From the five games they have a win and three defeats each.
But this is a below par performance for a team that finished in the top four last season. The recent defeat came against Sligo Rovers who are at the bottom of the table.
St Patrick’s Athletic vs Derry City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Saints have a two-match win streak going on against this opposition.
- They have three wins and a defeat in five previous meetings with Derry City.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches across all venues.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three games during that spell as well.
- The home side has won four of the five previous head to head games at this ground.
- Four of those five matches produced more than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
- Both teams scored in three of those five games as well.
St Patrick’s Athletic vs Derry City: Prediction
When we look at their previous history the home side has the upper hand over these rivals in recent times. The away team has won only once in their last five visits to this ground. Currently the visitors have lost both their latest matches on the road.
The home side has won and lost a game each in their two home fixtures. So I am backing the home side to win this one based on their head to head dominance.
Four recent meetings between them saw more than 2.5 goals in total. The home team has scored four goals in their five matches so far.
Derry City has netted the same amount of goals until now. Both of them also have problems in defending too. So I think we can see a score line with goals from both sides on Monday too.
St Patrick’s Athletic vs Derry City: Betting Tips
The home team to win @ 1.80 (4/5).
Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).