St Mirren vs St Johnstone
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Wednesday, 4 March 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: The Simple Digital Arena (Paisley)
Only 7 points separate these two sides in the league. While the visitors are looking to keep their unbeaten run intact the hosts will want to get a win themselves.
St Johnstone has a 5 match unbeaten run going on in the league. Their last defeat was against leader Celtics at home in January. They managed to get a draw with Rangers in their last league outing with that home game ending 2-2.
The hosts pulled off a surprise win in their last league game against Motherwell. The third-placed team lost to St Mirren 1-2 at Motherwell. So the hosts may be hopeful of getting something out of this upcoming game.
St Mirren vs St Johnstone: Head-to-head (h2h)
- St Mirren is unbeaten in the 3 recent h2h matches against St Johnstone.
- St Johnstone has 2 wins and a loss against this opposition in the last 5 meetings.
- Less than 2.5 goals came in total on 8 straight h2h matches played recently.
- St Mirren has not lost the last 2 matches at home against these rivals.
- The visitors have won 3 of their last 5 head to head games at this venue.
- All those 5 matches had less than 2.5 goals in total.
St Mirren vs St Johnstone: Prediction
The hosts reign undefeated in their 3 previous head to head games against this opposition. Despite the points difference, they may have a chance against the away team who have drawn their last 2 league games. The home side is still buzzing after the win against Motherwell. So I am backing a Double Chance for a draw or the hosts winning this one.
The h2h stats clearly show a trend in the score lin. whatever the result was, the score had less than 2.5 goals in the last 8 matches between these two sides. The visitors have scored a goal per game in their 27 league games so far. In 14 of those matches, the score had less than 2.5 goals and in 15 matches of St Mirren, a similar trend can be seen. So I expect the same to happen at Digital Arena this Wednesday.
St Mirren vs St Johnstone: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or St Mirren to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
- Under 2.5 goals @ 1.54 (6/11).