St Johnstone vs Livingston
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: McDiarmid Park (Perth)
There is a 6 point difference between these two sides. With a drawing streak going on for both of them we can expect a closely contested match this Saturday. They are missing some major squad members due to injury as well.
The hosts have 33 points after 28 matches and are 8th in the table. They are currently on a 3 match drawing streak. The recent 2-2 draw against Rangers is also another highlight of their home season. After trailing 2-1 they scored one to level things up in the last 10 minutes.
St Johnstone vs Livingston: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Lions won the reverse fixture by a single goal in January.
- They have a 4 game unbeaten streak in head to head games across all venues.
- Both teams scored in 3 of their last 5 meetings.
- Since 2007, the hosts never lost to Livingston at this ground.
- That spell includes a 7 match winning streak for the Saints.
- The last 2 meetings here saw a draw with both teams scoring.
St Johnstone vs Livingston: Prediction
The Saints have managed to remain unbeaten in their 10 home matches of the 15 they played till now. Also with a 6 match unbeaten run going on, I have a feeling that they may surprise the Lions.
The Lions have lost the momentum they had at the start of the season by losing some matches recently. They have no wins in previous 3 league fixtures and have problems in scoring goals. In 3 of their away matches in both Cup and league, they failed to score. They could not get in the score sheet against Ross County who has conceded the most number of goals this season.
So I am backing the home teams to continue their supremacy over the Lions at their ground with a win. We may also see one team keeping a clean sheet and by recent experiences that will not be Livingston.
St Johnstone vs Livingston: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.87 (7/8).
- Home win for St Johnstone @ 1.83 (5/6).