Sporting vs FC Porto
Taca de Portugal – Semi Final – First Leg
Date: Wednesday, 2 March 2022
Kick-off at 20:45 UK/ 21:45 CET
Venue: Estádio José Alvalade.
As expected, these two have been the best in the Portuguese top flight this season, and are locked in a race for the title. Placed first and second in the table, the two squads have been scoring in plenty right from the start of the campaign, and now they are gunning for the Taca de Portugal.
Sporting hosts the first leg of the semis, and will try to make the most of this fixture. However, Porto will be up to the task, and will not just bow down.
Expect a fierce encounter, and taking into account previous h2h scorelines as well, anticipate goals from either side of the pitch.
Sporting vs Porto Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Eight of the former ten meetings had goals from both teams.
- The last five clashes at this venue had goals from both teams.
- Four of these five match-ups had three or more goals as well.
Sporting vs Porto Prediction & Analysis
Sporting have lost just once in the past eight fixtures, and this sole defeat had come against Manchester City. In the process, they had also gone on a four-match winning streak.
Impressively, they had won 13 of their past 15 appearances at home too.
On the other hand, Porto are on a 16-fixture unbeaten run, and 13 of these were wins. Note that they had also scored two or more goals in eight of their former ten road trips.
Considering these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a goal-fest this Wednesday between these two titans.
Key Stats for Betting
- Porto are placed at the top of the league table, and that too with a lead of six points.
- They are the only unbeaten squad in the whole of the Primeira Liga.
- Meanwhile, Sporting have lost just once at home in the entire league campaign, and the sole loss had come against Braga.
Tips for Sporting vs Porto
Both Teams to Score @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.25 (5/4).