Sporting CP vs Pacos Ferreira
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Friday, 12 June 2020
Kick-Off at 21:15 UK/ 22:15 CET
Venue: Estádio José Alvalade (Lisbon).
Sporting will return to Lisbon after the disappointing away fixture against Guimaraes. They had a chance to go equal with Braga who is in third place by winning that match. But they made silly mistakes which lead them to settle for a single point. Currently, they are fourth with a clear gap with the front-runners Benfica and FC Porto.
Ferreira will need some more good results to ensure their survival in the top tier. They are 16th in the table with just 6 points between them and the red zone. But that cushion is not at all comfortable to guarantee their existence in next season.
Sporting CP vs Pacos Ferreira: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sporting is on a 12 match unbeaten run against this opposition.
- The Lions are currently on a 7 match win streak against Ferreira both at home and away.
- In 5 of those 7 matches in both cup and league, both sides found the net.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in total on 5 of those games as well.
- Sporting has not lost any of their 7 previous head to head games at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 5 of those eight matches.
- In four of their latest meetings here, both sides found the back of the net.
Sporting CP vs Pacos Ferreira: Prediction
The home sides are the strongest on paper as they have been all through the years. But sometimes they take smaller teams for granted which leads to some poor results. The head to head stats gives a clear idea about the scoring pattern of both these teams, home and away. The majority of their recent clashes saw them both score. Sporting has given away goals to teams in the relegation zone in the recent past.
Also, there is a good chance that we may see more than 2.5 goals as well. Again the head to head stats points at a similar scoreline. In 13 of the 25 matches, Sporting played the final score had over 2.5 goals. Eleven games of the visitors also have that same score. So I am backing a score with over 2.5 goals and both teams to score.
Sporting CP vs Pacos Ferreira: Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (4/5).
- Both teams to score @ 2.10 (11/10).