Sporting CP vs Aves
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Sunday, 8 March 2020
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Estádio José Alvalade (Lisbon).
The Lions have been one of the best teams in the country for a very long time, and this Sunday at home, they will be counted on to deliver a convincing win against the dead-last placed team in the table.
Sporting CP vs Aves Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse fixture had ended in a 0-1 win for the Lions.
- The team also holds a 100% unbeaten record in league games since 2000, and if not for a single draw in 2007, they would have held a 100% winning record.
- Seven of the past ten fixtures saw Nuno Santos’s men conceding two or more goals.
- In the prior 20 years, the visitors have scored a total of one goal at this stadium.
- The combined scorecard for the preceding four match-ups at this stadium is 9-1, in favor of the hosts.
Sporting CP vs Aves Prediction
The Lions lost 3-1 on the road the last match-day, against Famalicao. It was a surprising loss for the team, and have set them back in their journey to make it into Europe. This defeat will certainly motivate them to go hard in this upcoming game.
In the meantime, Santos’s men lost 1-3 at home against Ferreira. While a defeat is not something new for the squad, against another relegation-battler, that too at home, it was surely a blow.
The Lions will try their very best to make the most of the pressure that Santos’s men are currently under. The latter are placed bottom-most in the table, and they have a mountain to climb if they have to avoid relegation.
The team will be forced to play attacking football, as a draw does not hold much meaning now. The Lions, who have the home advantage as well, will smartly wait for the guests to make some mistakes, and will capitalize on it. Moreover, they already had won the reverse fixture, and even hold a 100% unbeaten record against this rival in league fixtures.
Santos’s men who have been the worst of the lot this whole season, have also conceded the most number of goals in the competition, and have had a single victory on the road this campaign. As such, the determined Sporting are presumed to win this Sunday in style at their home.
Sporting CP vs Aves Betting Tips
Half Time/ Full Time: Sporting CP/ Sporting CP @ 1.83 (5/6)
Sporting CP -1, -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.60 (3/5).