Spezia vs Lecce
Italy – Serie B
Date: Sunday, 30th December 2018
Kick-off at 20.00 UK/ 21.00 CET
Venue: Stadio Alberto Picco (La Spezia).
Spezia opens their gate for Lecce in the Italian Serie B this week. The Stadio Alberto Picco match will mark the 19th round in the tournament.
Spezia has the 9th position in the league table, after securing 25 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 24 goals till now and received 19 back. Spezia won 7 matches, drew another 4 and lost the remaining 6.
Lecce finds themselves in the 4th position after recording 29 points on the table. The team won 8 matches, drew 5 and lost 4. Lecce scored 29 past their opponents and received 22 in return.
Spezia won against Crotone, last week, away from home. The match ended 0-3. Meanwhile, Lecce won against Padova, at home, in their last fixture, and the scoreline read 3-2.
Spezia vs Lecce Head-to-head (h2h)
- Lecce lost the last h2h match against Spezia.
- Spezia is unbeaten in their last 4 matches.
- Lecce was unbeaten in 7 of their last 9 games.
- Spezia was unbeaten in 8 of their last 9 home-ties.
- Lecce lost 7 of their last 15 fixtures on the road.
- Spezia has scored in 7 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 8 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Lecce has scored in 9 of their last 10 overall games, and in 13 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Okereke D has been the best player for Spezia with 5 goals and 5 assists this season, and La Mantia A for Lecce, with 6 goals and 1 assist.
Spezia vs Lecce Prediction
The match will one of the most tightly contested ones this weekend in the Serie B. Spezia is just one point away from securing a playoff spot themselves, while Lecce is two points afar from a direct promotion spot. Either team won’t budge to the other and both have plenty of experience in dealing with pressure.
The basic inference would be this match will see no more than 2.5 match goals. The game will be a classic example of the old Italian Football, where results were ground out by exemplary defensive displays.
Spezia will take advantage of their home status and try to work from there. It will be hard for the visitors to breach the Spezia backline, and even if they do, it will take some time. Lecce won’t find the back of the net in the first half.
Spezia vs Lecce Betting Tips
Under 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.70 (7/10)
Lecce to Score in First Half: NO @ 1.50 (1/2).