Sparta Prague vs Brondby
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 9 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK / 18:45 CET
Venue: Generali Ceska pojist’ovna Arena.
Sparta Prague come into this tie as clear favorites for a reason. They were a much better team on the pitch in the first head to head clash with Brondby and they generally left a much better impression than the Danish outfit so far in the competition.
Sparta Prague vs Brondby Head-to-head
- This will only be the second head-to-head encounter between the two clubs.
- The first one, played in mid-September, did not bring goals.
- Sparta Prague were much better in the first H2H meeting between these two teams, allowing their rivals no more than four attempts in the entire match (just 1 on target).
Sparta Prague vs Brondby Predictions & Analysis
Sparta Prague and Brondby will both finish their respective UEFA Europa League campaigns for this season on Thursday afternoon when they take on each other in the Czech capital.
The two sides have lost any chances of clinching one of the top-two spots in Group A even before this final day fixture.
However, the game will give us the answer to which of these two outfits will still continue their journey in the preliminary knockout phase of the UEFA Europa Conference League.
Sparta Prague are in a much better situation in regards to this. They are two points clear off the last-placed Brondby and only need a draw on the home patch to confirm the third-place finish in this group.
The Czech team left a much better impression in general so far in the competition. They took four points, courtesy of a 1-0 win over Rangers on the home patch and a 0-0 draw away at Brondby.
Brondby only have two points from five games so far in the competition. They have easily lost both away fixtures (3-0 at Lyon and 2-0 at Rangers) and we see them as clear underdogs here.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sparta Prague won eight, drew one, and lost one of the last ten home outings across competitions.
- Sparta Prague defeated Rangers 1-0 at home in this term of the Europa League.
- Brondby have just lost the Danish Cup quarterfinal 0-2 to Midtjylland.
Brondby did not score a goal in two comprehensive defeats on the road this season in Europa League (3-0 at Lyon and 2-0 at Rangers).
Tips for Sparta Prague vs Brondby
Sparta Prague to win @ 1.72 (8/11)
Sparta Prague to keep a clean sheet @ 2.75 (7/4).