Southend vs Bristol Rovers
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Roots Hall (Southend on Sea)
This could be a really interesting match as both sides are on losing streaks. Southend is waiting for imminent relegation to League Two. They could have gone down fighting but their present form will not give them any hope.
Bristol is on a 2 match losing streak in the league, which makes 3 defeats in 5 match days. If they are to win this game, it will end a streak of defeats away from home. The reverse match saw the Rovers emerge winners by a score of 4-2.
Southend vs Bristol Rovers: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Pirates have won 2 of the most recent head to head games against Southend.
- They won the reverse fixture with a score of 4-2.
- Southend’s last win against this opposition came in August 2018.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of the last 5 meetings between these sides.
- Both sides have one win each in their last 5 clashes at this ground.
- Southend has a 6 match active losing streak in the league.
- They also lost 3 home games on the trot.
Southend vs Bristol Rovers: Prediction
Bristol is 26 points above Southend in the points table. But their away form shows a similar losing streak in 8 matches on the trot. They could not win against teams of the likes of MK Dons and Bolton who are way below them. It will be a miracle if the hosts manage to with this. But that seems far fetches at the moment.
Both teams are competing in terms of giving away goals. Bristol has conceded 16 goals in their away matches that they lost.
Southend is conceding an average of 2.4 goals per match and they are second to none in doing so. So I am backing both sides to get goals and the match to end as a draw.
Southend vs Bristol Rovers: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).
- Match to Draw @ 3.50 (5/2).