Southampton vs Leicester
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium.
Leicester will have intense competition this season, if they have any hopes of securing a top-four finish. And to further complicate things for themselves, they even had a poor start to the campaign.
And as Christmas arrives, the team will be desperate to make up for lost time. Currently they are placed tenth in the table, and need a surplus of five points to climb to the fourth spot.
By all means, they are going after a victory this Wednesday, against the struggling Southampton. Moreover, they also do have a great h2h record against the Saints over the years.
Southampton vs Leicester Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- In the 2019-20 season, the Foxes had recorded a 0-9 win at this stadium.
- They had recorded seven of the preceding ten overall wins.
- It’s been four years since the hosts have managed a victory at this ground.
- Meanwhile, the visitors had won three of the last four clashes at this stadium, and they even had scored two or more goals in five of the preceding eight meetings here.
Southampton vs Leicester Prediction & Analysis
Southampton lost 4-0 on the road the last match-day, against Liverpool. They were also winless in 13 of their past 17 games, and they have won just twice at home since May of 2021.
On the other hand, Leicester are on a determined run to climb to the top tier of the table, and recently they have built up quite some momentum. They are scoring in plenty, and on top of that, the teams just above them in the table have tough fixtures coming up.
This is a great opportunity for Leicester to gun for a higher position, and count on them to do just that this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Foxes have lost just twice in the past eleven games – and the two defeats had come against Arsenal, and Chelsea.
- They had scored thrice or more in the past two games, and had scored two or more goals in seven of the former eleven fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Southampton have won just thrice all through this league campaign, and two of these wins had come against teams placed 16th or below.
- They had conceded two or more goals in three of the past six fixtures – and this included a loss against the 19th placed Norwich.
Tips for Southampton vs Leicester
Leicester to Win @ 2.80 (9/5)
Both Teams to Score @ 1.60 (3/5).