Slovakia vs Slovenia
World Cup Qualification Europe
Date: Thursday, 11 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: City Arena Trnava.
Both Slovakia and Slovenia have already been eliminated from the qualification race, and there frankly is nothing left for them to play. With no pressure, the expectation is that both squads will go for the win, in order to bow out of the competition with pride.
As such, expect a competitive match-up this Thursday at the City Arena Trnava, and thus goals in plenty as well.
Slovakia vs Slovenia Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Only once have either team recorded a win in the past decade.
- Slovakia recorded a 1-0 win in the latest meeting at their home.
- Meanwhile, Slovenia had won three of the former five overall clashes.
Slovakia vs Slovenia Prediction & Analysis
Slovakia were held to a 2-2 draw the last match-day on the road, by Croatia. They were also winless in six of their former seven games, and they had remained so in 11 of their past 14 fixtures.
Moreover, they have a single clean sheet at home in the past 12 months, and it had come against the dead-last placed Cyprus.
On the other hand, Slovenia lost 1-2 at home the previous match-day, against Russia. Going on, they were also winless in six of their past nine games, and they had remained so in 18 of their preceding 23 road trips.
Furthermore, and most importantly, the two teams have nothing left to play for but pride. It would not matter if they lose or draw, but a huge win would be a great way to conclude this tiring campaign.
And with both teams having not shown clear superiority over the other in previous h2h meetings, expect a competitive encounter, and goals from either side of the pitch as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Barring the two toppers Russia and Croatia, these two teams have scored the most number of goals in the group.
- In case of defense, these two have conceded the most number of goals, barring the bottom-most placed two teams – Malta, and Cyprus.
- Slovakia have a total of just two clean sheets in their past twelve games, and have a single clean sheet at home in the past 12-month period.
- Slovenia have won just once on the road in the past 12-month period, and just five times in total in the preceding five years.
Tips for Slovakia vs Slovenia
Both Teams to Score @ 2.40 (7/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.80 (9/5).