Kairat Almaty vs Sigma Olomouc
Europa League Qualifying – 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2018
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Almaty Ortalyk Stadion (Almaty).
Kairat Almaty vs Sigma Olomouc Betting Tips
Over 2.5 ft goals at 5/4 (2.25).
Almaty Draw no Bet @ 2/5 (1.41).
Kairat Almaty vs Sigma Olomouc Analysis for Prediction
- Sigma Olomouc bagged a convincing 2-0 win in the first leg, they are almost certain to pass to the next round.
- The Czech club Sigma are not the greatest of travelling sides in Europe and managed just 3 wins from 10 outings since calendar year 2000.
- They had a difficult start in the Czech lost and lost 2 of the three games so far.
- Kairat Almaty, despite coming from a low profile league in Kazakhstan, boast a strong home record in Europa League, unbeaten in 13 with 10 wins.
- On top of that, Kairat failed to win just one home game in all competitions since August 2017, 20 wins in 21 games.
- Kairat who defeated Dutch side AZ Alkmaar at home in the previous round 2-0 are essentially the favorites in this second leg fixture against Sigma Olomouc.
Kairat Almaty vs Sigma Olomouc Match Preview
Kairat stunned Dutch heavyweights AZ 3-2 on aggregate in the second qualifying round, earning the right to have a more generous draw for the next stage. It awarded them Czech Sigma Olomouc who are well playable and past whom the Kazakhstani side certainly have a chance to reach the play-offs.
Unlike Kairat who have already played two rounds during the qualifying campaign, Sigma will only begin their European adventure here in the third round.
The hosts are back to the continental competition after nine years thanks to the fourth-place finish in the previous term of Czech Liga.
They started the new campaign in the domestic league just three weeks ago. It did not go quite as the head coach Vaclav Jilek had hoped as Sigma lost two of three games, failing to find the back of the net in both defeats to Slavia Prague and Viktoria Plzen.
Sigma Olomouc vs Kairat: Head-to-head
The two teams are ready to tackle each other for the first time ever on Thursday.