Shrewsbury vs Sunderland
England League 1
Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Greenhous Meadow (Shrewsbury).
Shrewsbury may have the home advantage this match-day, but it needs mentioning that the sole win they have recorded in the previous five attempts in the league had come against a team that’s trying to fight the relegation zone.
On top of that, their opponents for the day, Sunderland, have a match in hand and will be keen to make full use of it. Even more so, because of their opportunity to make a foray into the top tier of the table.
Shrewsbury vs Sunderland Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Black Cats hold a 100% unbeaten record against this opponent.
- Phil Parkinson’s men are yet to fail to find the back of the net against this rival.
- In fact, only once have the Blue Amber Army found the back of the net in the previous three clashes.
- At this venue, the guests hold a 100% win record in the former decade.
- The last time these two met here, the Black Cats won 0-2.
Shrewsbury vs Sunderland Prediction
Sam Rickett’s men were winless in ten of their former fourteen games and failed to score in three of their last six as well. At home, they could manage a total of just four victories from their preceding sixteen attempts.
On the other hand, their counterparts were unbeaten in 14 of their former 17 games and had won four of their previous six as well. Away from home, the team needs to account for only three losses out of a total of twelve trips.
Moreover, Parkinson’s men hold an unbeaten record against this opponent and a 100% win record at this venue.
By the looks of things, we are in line for a win by the guests.
Shrewsbury vs Sunderland Betting Tips
Draw No Bet: Sunderland @ 1.60 (3/5)
Sunderland 0, +0.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.40 (2/5).