Shrewsbury Town vs Oxford United
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Greenhous Meadow (Shrewsbury)
The teams from 3rd to 8th in the table are just 3 points apart. Oxford lies just outside a playoff spot for promotion. Their latest league action was a win against Southend at home. This was their fourth win on the trot.
Shrewsbury is irregular in getting wins consistently. They have only 2 victories in 10 competitive fixtures. That spell includes 6 defeats also. They will need to be literally perfect against the visitors on Saturday or else another defeat will be on the cards.
Shrewsbury Town vs Oxford United: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Oxford has 2 wins and a loss in the last 5 head to head games.
- Three matches in those 5 had over 2.5 goals at full time.
- They are currently unbeaten in 3 meetings with Shrewsbury.
- The reverse fixture ended as a goalless draw on early December.
- The last win for the Shrews came back in April.
- Shrewsbury won three of 5 recent clashes against Oxford at this ground.
- Three matches of those 5 had more than 2.5 goals in total.
Shrewsbury Town vs Oxford United: Prediction
As we know the hosts have lost most of their recent league games. Their away form is also poor, winning just 4 of the 17 games here. While scoring 10 goals in those games they conceded 17 in return. Oxford has one of the best-attacking units which have netted 58 goals till now.
When we look at 8 previous matches of the home side, we can see that all those games were low scoring affairs. The visitors are also lazy in scoring away from home. Although their head to head stats say otherwise, I am backing a full-time score with less than 2.5 goals in total.
Oxford is dealing with poor form in away games lately. But against this home team, they are my pick to get 3 points at the end of ninety minutes.
Shrewsbury Town vs Oxford United: Betting Tips
Away win for Oxford united @ 1.60 (3/5).
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.67 (2/3).