Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 1 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Hillsborough Stadium.
Both these sides have contrasting performances in this season. The home side is currently in 13th position with more losses than wins. They are fresh from an away win against Bristol City. That 1-2 win ended an active three match winless run which included two consecutive defeats.
West Brom has to thank their attack for taking them where they are right now. They have the second best attacking unit after Bretford in terms of goals scored.
The defence has also done a good job to get at least a point out of most games. This is why they have drawn 14 matches which are the most among top five teams.
Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom: Head-to-head (h2h)
- West Brom is unbeaten in the last 7 head t head matches against Sheffield.
- Both sides scored in four of those 7 games across all venues.
- Sheffield previously won this fixture back in April 2007.
- The visitors have three wins and two defeats in 7 head to head games at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in four of those games here.
- Four of those games also have more than 2.5 goals on the trot.
- West Brom is on a 5 match winless run in the league.
Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom: Prediction
The visitors are struggling to get three points on the board. They still have the chance to surpass Leeds who is at the top of the table. They could be at the top now if they did not have the winless run they are on.
Two of those were defeats away from home and the rest were draws. So they will need to be careful not to lose against a team that they have head to head advantage over.
It would be foolish to think that this will have no goals. West Brom has already proved their prowess in the final third of the field.
But considering their recent games and the head to head matches, I think they will gift some chances to the hosts too. Sheffield has scored in four of their last 5 matches also. So I am backing the visitors to win with both teams getting goals on Wednesday.
Sheffield Wednesday vs West Brom: Betting Tips
Away team to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).