Sheffield Wednesday vs Reading
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 9th February 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Hillsborough (Sheffield).
Well, our thoughts and prayers are with the Royals during this difficult period in their season. The last time they won a game, was back in the first week of November, and the last time they won on the road was in September. The away win against Preston has been their only one in the last nine months.
The Owls are being rewarded for their hard work with an easier opponent, in aid to their quest to the top half of the table. It may come as a surprise, but an addition of five more points could see them jump eight spots. The team really doesn’t need a better motivation to kill it in the tie.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Reading Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last three h2h wins in a row and seven of the last ten were registered by Steve Bruce’s men.
- The team from Berkshire failed to score in three of their last five matches, and recorded just two goals in these last five, in total.
- Four of the last five wins at the Hillsborough belonged to the hosts.
- The Royals conceded three or more goals in their last two visits to Sheffield.
- In the last ten years, the visitors have recorded just a single win at this venue.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Reading Prediction
Jose Manuel Gomes’s men could not find the back of the net in five of their last nine games, and in six of their last nine matches on the road. Also, the team managed just five goals combined, in their last 11 attempts away from home. On top of that, Wednesday has kept a clean sheet in four of their last six games, and in six of their last ten. They repeated the feat in three of their last four home-ties, and in four of the last six.
Steve Bruce’s men will rightly take advantage of the crowd cheering for them non-stop and will keep their nets clean.
The Owls have not scored more than three goals this season at all. Also, the streak extends to 38 overall games, and 18 home-ties. Precisely for this reason, I expect the final score to be 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Reading Betting Tips
Sheffield Wednesday to Keep a Clean Sheet @ 2.62 (13/8)
Correct Score: 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0, in favor of Sheffield Wednesday @ 2.40 (7/5).