Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
The home team is coming into this match after two back to back defeats. The latest of those came against Swansea at home in which a goal was not enough to win. But they had to face some of the top five teams in the recent weeks which may have resulted in the string of poor results.
Preston is yet another side that is fading at the end of the season. They are currently in 10th position with 16 wins and 15 defeats from the 41 matches. They are presently carrying a winless streak of 7 league matches. The two penalties in both halves helped them win the reverse fixture at their home turf.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have two wins each in their last five meetings.
- Preston is currently unbeaten in the last two matches against Sheffield.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches.
- Both teams found the back of the net in all three of those games as well.
- The hosts enjoy a five-match winning streak at home against Preston.
- The last time Preston won at this ground was back in October 2009.
- In four of the latest five clashes here both teams found the back of the net.
- All those matches had a scoreline with over 2.5 goals too.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston: Prediction
Sheffield has a clear upper hand in the recent head to head matches. Unlike their opponents, they have won a game in their last five matches.
Recently they have drawn Nottingham Forest in a recent match day. On the other hand, the visitors have no wins in their last four matches on the road.
So I am backing the home team to win this upcoming match based on head to head dominance.
The away team has failed to trouble the scoreline in three recent away matches. Also, they lack a good scoring rate in matches on the road.
With just 16 goals in 20 matches, they have scored the least number of goals in this away season. So we can expect only one team to score on Wednesday.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston: Betting Tips
Home team to win @ 1.73 (8/11).
Both teams to score: No @ 2.05 (12/11).