Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Nottingham suffered a surprise defeat to Millwall in the last round. A 0-3 defeat was shocking indeed since the Reds were unbeaten for 5 matches prior to that. They have a perfect opportunity to get back to winning ways against the Owls on Saturday.
But the head to head stats at this ground favour the hosts more than the Reds. They have a 4 match winning run going on and also the reverse fixture win is an added advantage.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sheffield remains supreme in the last 2 games against this opposition.
- They have won 4 of the 5 previous head to head games against the Reds.
- More than 2.5 goals came in all 8 recent h2h matches on the trot.
- The Owls have kept 3 clean sheets in 3 latest meetings.
- They are on a 4 match win streak at home against Nottingham.
- The visitors previously won here back in August 2014.
- All their 3 recent h2h games at this ground had more than 2.5 goals in total.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest: Prediction
I feel this match will go down to the wire with both teams looking to end a winless run. But considering their last league actions, I would favour the travelling side. The loss to Millwall was unexpected after remaining an unbeaten run for 4 match days.
Currently, the Reds stay unbeaten in 3 matches on the road in both FA Cup and the league. Only one defeat was recorded in their last 6 away games too. Sheffield, on the other hand, has only 1 win in their last 5 matches with 3 losses included. So I am backing a Double Chance for a draw or an away win.
Also, they both have problems in defence as we saw in recent matches. Sheffield has given away 9 goals in the last 3 games and the visitors have also conceded 5 in the last 2 games they played. Also in the light of their head to head stats I am backing both of them to get goals.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Nottingham Forest to win @ 1.61 (3/5).
- Both teams to [email protected] 1.87 (7/8).