Sheffield Wednesday vs Norwich City
English League Championship
Date: Saturday, 3rd November 2018
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Hillsborough (Sheffield)
These are two teams at the opposite sides of the form table. The hosts from Sheffield Wednesday have 3 straight league defeats while Norwich are on a run of 3 straight victories.
Sheffield Wednesday looked at some point like it could make it to the playoffs. Yet Luhukay’s team suddenly lost 3 games and went all the way down to 15th place. The teams defensive line hasn’t been good enough this season. Wednesday hasn’t won a single clean sheet in the league which is a concern for both fans and staff. Not only that but their home form looks very poor right now.
Wednesday traveled to Birmingham, played at St Andrews and came home empty handed. They opened the score as Steven Fletcher found the net but from there on their play dropped. 3 goals from the hosts and The Owls were forced to go home with a 3rd straight defeat.
Norwich are on the rise currently and the team rightfully sits in the top 6 just 2 points away from the top. Farke’s work finally seems to be paying off as the team looks far more stable than last season. The Board should be pleased with their decision to stand by the manager in some tough periods last season.
Midweek Norwich lost to Bournemouth in the EFL Cup which may cause some tiredness in the side. Before this defeat though Norwich took a nice minimal victory over struggling Brentford. Buendia scored the only goal but Norwich played well and could have scored more. Jordan Rhodes even missed a penalty near the end of the first half.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Norwich City: Head-to-head
- Sheffield is winless in 5 home games – 3 draws and 2 defeats
- Sheffield has 3 straight defeats
- Norwich has 3 straight league victories
- Norwich is unbeaten in 5 away league games winning 3 of them
- Last season each team won its home game – 5-1 at Hillsborough and 3-1 at Carrow road
- Last 2 games here at Hillsborough both finished 5-1 for Wednesday
- There have been 16 goals in the last 3 meeting between the sides
- 5 out of the last 6 meeting here between the teams saw over 4.5 goals
- Sheffield is unbeaten in 8 home games against Norwich winning 6 of them
Sheffield Wednesday vs Norwich City: Predictions
Judging by the recent head to head clashes we may see a very entertaining fixture. Both sides are decent scorers while tend to let some goals in. The BTTS option looks to offer decent value while in terms of final outcome we may see the inform team losing point. Wednesday should be able to avoid defeat here at Hillsborough.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Norwich City: Bet Tips
BTTS: Yes at 1.80
Sheffield +0.5 AH at 1.60.