Sheffield Wednesday vs Luton
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5th January 2019
Kick-off at 12.30 UK/ 13.30 CET
Venue: Hillsborough (Sheffield).
Sheffield Wednesday takes on Luton as part of the 3rd round fixtures in the English FA Cup. The match takes place at Hillsborough, this Saturday.
Luton is 2nd in League One standings and has 52 points against their name. The team has scored 49 times and got back 24 in return. Luton won 15 of their games, drew 7 and lost the remaining 4.
Sheffield Wednesday holds the 16th spot in the Championship table and has 32 points against their name. They won 8 games, drew 8 and lost 10. Sheffield Wednesday scored 32 goals and let 42 into their net.
Sheffield Wednesday drew against Birmingham, last week, at home. The match ended 1-1. Coincidentally, Luton drew against Barnsley, at home, in their last fixture, and the scoreline read 0-0.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Luton Head-to-head (h2h)
- Luton won the last h2h match against Sheffield Wednesday.
- Sheffield Wednesday was unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 matches.
- Luton was winless in 3 of their last 7 games.
- Sheffield Wednesday was unbeaten in 7 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Luton was winless in 10 of their last 16 fixtures on the road.
- Sheffield Wednesday has scored in 9 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 13 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Luton has scored in 9 of their last 10 overall games, and in 12 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Joao L has been the best player for Sheffield Wednesday with 8 goals and 1 assist this season, and Collins J for Luton, with 10 goals.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Luton Prediction
The team from Sheffield will call upon their experienced players to progress to the next stage of this competition. They are playing against Luton, plying their trade a league below, in the League One, and also impeded with the away status.
Luton has struggled this season on the road. To be precise, they were winless in 10 of their last 16 away fixtures. Sheffield, on the other hand, has been much more impressive at home in 2018/19. They were unbeaten in seven of their last ten home-ties, and in 15 of their last 21 attempts. That is six losses in 21 home games.
The positive news for the home fans is that all these six losses came against that are much better than Sheffield. Two Premier League teams, one side from La Liga, and the remaining three were from the top-six of Championship table.
As things stand, Sheffield has the most chances to qualify to the next stage, and in all probability will win at least one half.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Luton Betting Tips
To Qualify: Sheffield Wednesday @ 2.00 (1/1)
To Win Either Half: Sheffield Wednesday @ 1.67 (2/3).