Sheffield United vs Preston
Date: Saturday, 22 September 2018
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Bramall Lane (Sheffield).
The Blades ended the four-win thread by failing to find the back of the net in two consecutive fixtures within the last seven days. They first fell 1-0 to Bristol City away at Ashton Gate last weekend. The defeat was followed by a goalless draw in mid-week tie with Birmingham City at Bramall Lane. Can they return to the winning ways on Saturday afternoon when Preston come to visit Sheffield?
The Lilywhites are an ideal opposition for Sheff Utd to bounce back and regain the much-needed confidence in the final third. The visitors have been very easy to break down lately and they’ll come into this off the back of subsequent defeats to Reading (2-3 at home) and Leeds United 0-3 at Elland Road).
Sheffield United vs Preston: Head-to-head
- The head to head stats fancy Sheffield United here.
- The hosts won 36 and lost 20 of 77 matches against the Lilywhites over the course of history.
- The dominance was even more expressed in games at Bramall Lane where the Blades won 27, drew 7 and lost only 5.
- Preston did come on top in both home and away fixtures in the previous term of Championship, but the Blades were better in the FA Cup clash in between these clashes.
- Interestingly, all of these matches ended with the same 1-0 score.
Sheffield United vs Preston: Prediction
Alex Neil has huge issues with his side’s defensive displays at the start of the season. Preston shipped two or more goals in all of last six league outings and they currently boast competition’s worst defensive record with 15 goals conceded in 8 rounds.
It will be the music to the ears of Billy Sharp who notched a goal in three of last four home games for the Blades. You can back Sheff’s top scorer to find the back of the net at quite attractive 2.60 odds here.
The home win is also worth backing at 1.85 knowing the visitors come into this in disastrous form. Preston lost five and drew two of last seven games in Championship. Sheffield, on the other side, won two and drew one of last three home games in the division.
Sheffield United vs Preston: Bet Tips
Sheffield United to win @ 1.85 (17/20)
Billy Sharp to score anytime @ 2.60 (8/5).