Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo Rovers
Republic of Ireland – Premier Division
Date: Friday, 18 March 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Tallaght Stadium.
Sligo have possibly been the best team in the competition this season. Even with a game in hand, they are placed second in the table, and need a surplus of just one point to climb to the top-most spot.
Meanwhile, Shamrock too have been a heavyweight in the Premier Division, and have delivered some impressive results. However, compared to their guests for the day, they are a level below.
By the looks of things, expect Sligo to have the edge this weekend at the Tallaght Stadium.
Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo Rovers Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 2-0 win for Shamrock.
- They had won five of the past seven encounters.
- At this stadium, the guests had won three of the past four meetings.
- Since 2013, Sligo have won just once at this ground.
Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo Rovers Prediction & Analysis
Shamrock were winless in three of their past seven overall fixtures, and they had also lost two of their past five games.
On the other hand, Sligo are on a nine-match unbeaten run, stretching back to November of 2021, and they had also won three of their past four road trips. Note that they had also scored two or more goals in three of their past four away matches.
Considering these observations, expect Sligo to have the edge.
However, Shamrock have been a monster at home lately, and also have the better h2h record over the years.
It’s doubtful if they would fail to find the back of the net at least once.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sligo have conceded the least number of goals in the competition.
- They have scored the second-most number of goals as well. The most were scored by the first-placed Patrick’s, who have played an extra fixture.
- Meanwhile, Shamrock had failed to score in two of their past three games.
Tips for Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo Rovers
Double Chance: Sligo Rovers or Draw @ 2.40 (7/5)
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1).