Shakhtar Donetsk hope to finish off Braga at home and qualifying for the semi finals of the UEFA Europa League on Thursday. The home team already are ahead of the visitors with 1 goal and they also have a 2 away goal advantage as they beat Braga 1-2 at their backyard last week.
On the other hand, Braga will be hoping for a miracle to turn their misfortune into good fortune as they play in Ukraine. They will be needing nothing less than a win with a 2 or more goal margin or a win with at least 3 goals which i see as a mission impossible for the visitors.
- Shakhtar are in a good run of form, they are unbeaten in 9 of their last 10 games in all competitions.
- Shakhtar have scored at least 2 goals in 7 of their last 10 games in all competition, they have scored a total of 27 goals in their last 10 games.
- Shakhtar are also good at home, they have won 7 of their last 10 home games.
- Braga are performing below per as they have won just 3 of their last 10 games in all competitions.
- Braga’s away form is also nothing to write home about, as they are without a win in their last 4 away games and have lost their last 3 away games.
Shakhtar Donetsk: Team News
Shevchuk would likely start from the bench, while Azevedo is injured.
Rakitskiy will miss this game due to suspension for accumulated yellow cards but Kucher will fill in for him as he has returned from suspension.
Shakhtar Donetsk: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Pyatov – Srna, Ordets, Kucher, Ismaily – Malyshev, Stepanenko- Marlos, Kovalenko, Taison – Ferreyra.
Braga: Team News
The coach is expected to make some changes to his last starting line up.
Pedro Santos will be unavailable due to injury giving room for Josue in the midfield.
Braga: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Malgalhese – Goiano, Baiano, Ferreira, Willy Boly – Vukcevic, Carlos, Rafa, Josue – Nikola Stojiljkovic, Wilson Eduardo.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Braga: Head-To-Head stats
- Shakhtar have been superior in their previous meetings, winning the 3 meetings irrespective of the ground played.
- The Ukrainians kept two clean sheets in their previous meetings and have conceded only 1 goal against Braga.
- There have been at least 2 goals scored by Shakthar in each of the previous meetings against Braga.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Braga: Prediction
Its an outright win for Shakhtar, comparing their good form to Braga’s poor form and also with Shakhtar’s scoring form, Over 2.5 goals is likely to occur.
Recommended Bet: Shakthar to win @ 1.69