Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao
Spain – Copa del Rey
Date: Wednesday, 16th January 2019
Kick-off at 19.30 UK/ 20.30 CET
Venue: Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán (Sevilla).
Pablo Machin’s men have been having a great season and are rightfully placed above even Real Madrid in the league table. Their domestic cup campaign too is on the right track. The first leg of the tie with the team from Basque ended in a 1-3 away win for the Filigrees.
Bilbao has faced difficulties in maintaining their level that they have set for themselves in the previous seasons. The team has settled for now, with a paltry 15th position in the league table, just three points above the relegation line.
It’s common knowledge that the Lions highly prioritizes the Copa del Rey tournament. In fact, after Barcelona, the second-most number of titles is in the name of Los Leones.
Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao Head-to-head (h2h)
- A draw has been an extremely rare result in the case of h2h ties. The last 13 games in a row avoided a draw. Also, the same stat was achieved by 36 of the last 38 games.
- Six of the last seven fixtures saw the side hosting the game, winning.
- Four of the last five ties saw the home teams keeping clean sheets.
- Since 2011, the Great of Andalusia has been unbeaten against this opponent at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán.
- At this venue, Los Hispalenses hold a 14-1 lead in h2h wins, over this rival.
Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao Prediction
Pablo Machin’s men hold a huge advantage over the visitors that, even if they lose for a 0-2 scoreline, they will still manage to progress to the next round. The aggregate score as of now is 1-3, in favor of Sevilla, with three away goals.
It means, that the Red-Whites will have to score a minimum of three goals, to have any chance of progressing. Such a big handicap is too much of an obstacle in any match, especially against a team like that of Los Nervionenses.
The guests will attack for sure, as they are compelled to do so. Any football team worth its salt will be able to take advantage of this and secure an easy win. The team from Seville is such a group of players.
Expect them to score the first goal of the game.
Once the opening goal comes, the pressure on the Lions will increase monumentally. They will go into an all-out-attack mode. And this, in turn, will lead to more goals from the home team.
Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao Betting Tips
First Team to Score: Sevilla @ 1.44 (4/9)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Sevilla @ 1.67 (2/3).