Sevilla vs Alaves
Spain – LaLiga
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2021
Kick-off at 15:15 UK/ 16:15 CET
Venue: Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán.
Sevilla continue to be one of the titans of the Spanish top flight, and have placed themselves firmly in the third position. Only Real Madrid, and Sociedad are above them – and note that Sociedad have played an extra game.
In fact, a surplus of four points would help the team to climb from the third spot to the top of the table.
Meanwhile, Alaves have been going on a poor run on the road for quite some time, and their rare wins this season had come against some of the weakest teams in the league.
By the looks of things, expect a win for the hosts Sevilla this Saturday at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán.
Sevilla vs Alaves Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Sevilla.
- They had won four of the past five clashes.
- At this venue, the hosts had won seven of the preceding eight meetings.
- In fact, the home team has a 100% unbeaten record at this ground since 1990.
Sevilla vs Alaves Prediction & Analysis
Sevilla recorded a 0-2 win on the road the last match-day, against Betis. They were also unbeaten in 19 of their past 21 overall fixtures, and importantly at home, they have lost just twice since February.
On the other hand, Alaves might have recorded a 2-1 win at home the past game week. But it had come against the 19th placed Levante.
Going on, they had lost four of their last six road trips, and of their total three wins on the road in 2021 – one had come against the 16th placed Cadiz, one had come against the 18th placed Elche, and the last one had come in the Copa del Rey, against a team from the lower division.
Considering these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a huge win for Sevilla this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sevilla have lost just once all through the campaign, and have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition.
- At home, they have a perfect winning record, and have scored the most number of goals in such games as well.
- Meanwhile, only the dead-last placed Getafe have scored fewer goals than Alaves.
- Alaves have a single win on the road in the 2021-22 edition of the La Liga, and it had come against the 16th placed Cadiz.
Tips for Sevilla vs Alaves
Sevilla -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.25 (5/4)
Sevilla to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.40 (7/5).