Schalke vs Bayer Leverkusen
German Bundesliga, Match week 31
Kick off: 17:30
Venue: Veltins Arena
Schalke host Bayer Leverkusen at Veltins-Arena on Saturday evening, hoping for a home win to push themselves into one of the European spots; should any of the teams ahead of them slip.
Schalke are in 7th position with 45 points, same points as the teams in 5th and 6th position while Bayer Leverkusen are in third place in the league, 51 points, they are hoping for a win in this game to cement themselves in the 3rd position as they have no hope of catching up with the top 2 clubs who are ahead of them with 20 points and above.
- Leverkusen are having an excellent form, they are unbeaten in their last 6 games in Bundesliga, and they have also won their last 5 games in Bundesliga.
- Leverkusen have kept clean sheets in their last 5 games in Bundesliga.
- Leverkusen are unbeaten in their last 3 away games and have kept clean sheets in their last 2 away games.
- Schalke have won just of their last 6 games in Bundesliga but they are unbeaten in their last 5 home games in the Bundesliga.
- Schalke have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 home matches and have also conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 Bundesliga matches.
Schalke: Team News
Kolasinac is back from suspension and available for selection, the coach can switch over to 4-2-3-1 formation
Schalke: Predicted Line up (4-2-3-1)
Kolasinac, Neustadter, Matip, Caicara
Meyer, Belhanda, Sane
Bayer Leverkusen: Team News
Wendell is back from suspension and available for selection while Omer Toprak has returned from injury and fully fit, he is now available for selection also.
Bayer Leverkusen: Predicted Line up (4-4-2)
Jedvaj, Tah, Toprak, Wendell
Bellarabi, Bender, Aranguiz, Brandt
Schalke vs Bayer Leverkusen: Head to Head stats
Leverkusen have had a greater portion of victory (28) in their past meetings, they have lost 16 times and drew 19 times.
Schalke have won 9 times at home against Leverkusen, they have lost 10 times and drew 12 times.
Their last 5 meetings have been fairly equal as both teams have won and lost 2 games each and drew their last meeting.
Schalke vs Bayer Leverkusen: Prediction
The game will be an entertaining one, Schalke are strong at home, while Leverkusen have a superb overall form. Leverkusen are on a 5 match winning streak at the moment and have kept series of clean sheet also.
The game could go either way but it would be wise to tip Leverkusen on double chance.
Schalke have been on the receiving end lately as they have conceded a lot more, while Leverkusen are capable of scoring in plenty.
Best Bet: Bayer Leverkusen win or draw
Safe bet: over 1.5 goals