Schalke vs Bayern Munich
Germany- DFB Pokal
Date: Tuesday, 3 March 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Veltins Arena (Gelsenkirchen)
It has been over 10 years since Schalke lifted this trophy. But in the Quarters they will have to overcome a major challenge as they face Bayern at home.
The hosts are 6th in Bundesliga after 24 rounds and are currently struggling to win games.
They have no wins in the last 5 league fixtures and the last 2 matches were defeats.
Both of them played in last year’s quarter-final and Bayern came on top 3-0, with Lewandowski scoring 2.
Schalke vs Bayern Munich: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Bayern Munich has won 7 head to head games on the trot against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten against Schalke since March 2011.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 6 of their last 7 meetings across all venues.
- Bayern has an active 5 match winning streak at this ground.
- They scored 2 or more goals in all those matches.
- The team from Munich have won all their 6 previous matches on the road.
- They have scored 3 or more goals in all those 6 matches as well.
Schalke vs Bayern Munich: Prediction
Bayern has missed some main players including Lewandowski and Coman, but they have enough squad strength to compensate. Their last game against Hoffenheim saw the reigning champions dominate every single aspect of the game. Bayern has 6 straight wins and they have scored 3 or more in all those games as well. So I am backing Bayern to win comfortably scoring 3 or more goals.
Schalke have failed to score in their last 3 league games. Bayern has improved their defense from the start of the season. They have conceded only 26 goals in their league games till now. They even kept a clean sheet in Champions League away to Chelsea. So I am backing the visitors to keep it tight at the back and go home with yet another clean sheet.
Schalke vs Bayern Munich: Betting Tips
Bayern to keep a clean sheet @ 2.60 (8/5).
Bayern to score over 2.5 goals @ 1.83 (5/6).