Santos vs Internacional
Brazilian Serie A
Date: Sunday, 10 June 2018
Kick-Off at 23:00 UK / 00:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Urbano Caldeira, Sao Paulo.
Internacional continued to be a tough nut to crack for Serie A teams as they held the red-hot Sao Paulo to a goalless draw in mid-week Matchday. They will thus enter the Sunday’s affair with Santos high on confidence after going undefeated in last six league games. Inter have been very tough to break down in the process keeping clean sheets in for of these six outings.
Santos began the new season in a horrific fashion, but the head coach Jair Ventura looks to have found the way out of the crisis. Peixe took for points from last two league ties, including the mid-week 1-1 draw to the reigning champions Corinthians away from home. The attacking line with Rodrygo and Gabi Gol finally started to produce as this duo inspired the 5-2 win over Vitoria last weekend.
Santos vs Internacional: Head-to-head
- Santos lead the head to head tie by a single win coming into their 39th encounter with Internacional.
- It’s been two years since these two sides last played each other. Internacional went through to the next round in the Copa do Brasil tie back then, winning 3-2 on aggregate.
- Inter were the more successful outfit in the most recent history winning three of last four head to head affairs with Peixe.
- Santos only lost 3 of 18 hone matches against Internacional.
Santos vs Internacional Predictions
It will be very interesting to see if Santos will be able to capitalize on the most recent successes and complete the week with another victory on Sunday evening. It will be anything but an easy task for the hosts considering Inter’s impressive form of late. In all, we do expect a very tight contest which could be decided by one or even none goals. This is why we see the Under 2.5 goals FT as the best of the betting options, set at the odds of 1.57 here.
Braver tipsters can chase the 5.00 longshot backing the draw at the half time and Santos’ win at the end of the match.
Santos vs Internacional Betting Tips
- Under 2.5 goals FT @ 1.57
- HT/FT Draw/Santos @ 5.00.