Santa Clara vs Vitoria de Setubal
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Thursday, 31 October 2019
Kick-off at 20:15 UK/ 21:15 CET
Venue: Estádio de São Miguel (Ponta Delgada).
The home advantage seems to have the potential to determine the victor between these two this weekend. Points are in dire need for both, as the top-tier sides have started to shift gears, in an attempt to leave the rest in the dust.
As such, we can expect a fierce encounter this match-day, and if the current form either is any indication, where Santa Clara has performed well in front of the home crowd, and where their opposite number has struggled on the road, chances look better for the former.
Santa Clara vs Vitoria de Setubal Head-to-head (h2h)
- Nine of the former ten overall wins sided with the team that had hosted the tie.
- In the last two decades, a sole victory has been posted on the road.
- It’s been three years since Sandro Mendes’s men have won a game.
- Setubal has stood winless in the previous six clashes at this venue.
- Four of the former six encounters at this stadium ended in home victories.
Santa Clara vs Vitoria de Setubal Prediction
The Azoreans have lost just once this league season in front of the home crowd, and it had come against one of the best in the competition, Famalicao. Meanwhile, their opposite number is yet to record a win on the road and embarrassingly is yet to open their goalscoring account as well.
Moreover, h2h clashes in the last two decades have hugely favored the ones with home advantage, and in fact, Setubal is yet to register a win at this venue since 1999.
Taking these observations into account, the chances for a home win look very good.
Santa Clara vs Vitoria de Setubal Betting Tips
Draw No Bet: Santa Clara @ 1.44 (4/9)
Santa Clara 0 Asian Handicap @ 1.40 (2/5).