Santa Clara vs Tondela
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 2nd January 2019
Kick-off at 16.00 UK/ 17.00 CET
Venue: Estádio de São Miguel (Ponta Delgada).
Tondela is pitted against Santa Clara in the 15th round of the Portuguese Primeira Liga. The venue for the game is Estádio de São Miguel and is scheduled for Wednesday.
Tondela is 14th in the table after recording 12 points till now. They won 3 games, drew 3 and lost 8. They found the net a total of 16 times and conceded 21 times.
Santa Clara holds the 8th spot in the table and has 20 points against their name. They won 6 games, drew 2 and lost 6. Santa Clara scored 23 goals and let in 21 into their net.
The results for their recent matches show, Santa Clara won against Setubal, at home on the road, 0-2 and Tondela won against Nacional, at home, with a score of 2-1.
Santa Clara vs Tondela Head-to-head (h2h)
- Tondela won the last h2h match against Santa Clara.
- Santa Clara won 6 of their last 11 matches.
- Tondela lost 7 of their last 14 games.
- Santa Clara was unbeaten in 9 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Tondela was winless in 8 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Santa Clara has scored in 14 of their last 15 overall matches, and in 13 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Tondela has scored in 13 of their last 15 overall games, and in 7 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Rashid O has been the best player for Santa Clara with 5 goals and 2 assists this season, and Tomane for Tondela, with 3 goals and 3 assists.
Santa Clara vs Tondela Prediction
Both Santa Clara and Tondela have two of the leakiest defenses in the entire league. Santa Clara has conceded the most goals at home in the Primeira Liga, this season. Their defense was breached 19 times, in their last nine home-ties.
Tondela let eight goals into their net in their last three away fixtures. The last six away matches of Tondela had a combined 24 goals between them, while the last eight home-games of Santa Clara had an astonishing 31 goals scored in total.
Since 2013, there has been only one match between these teams which didn’t have both teams on the scoresheet as well as over 2.5 match goals.
The above stats help us infer that, this game will see both sides getting on the scoresheet, and that the chances for the first half to be goalless are almost negligent.
Santa Clara vs Tondela Betting Tips
Both Teams to Score: YES @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 0.5 First Half Goals @ 1.44 (4/9).