Santa Clara vs Guimaraes
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Friday, 24 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Cidade do Futebol (Lisbon – Oeiras)
After a three-game losing run, the home team has come back to winning ways. The Win over Aves was their third victory in the last ten league fixtures. But they could not follow that good form as they faced Rio Ave in the latest match.
The Conquerors will be disappointed that they could not get into a Europa League qualification spot. Compared to last season they have fallen two places down into the seventh position. The main cause of losing points was the 10 draws they had all season. With just a match to go, they have a chance to finish the season on a high.
Santa Clara vs Guimaraes: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Guimaraes won the reverse fixture back in January 2020 with a score of 1-0.
- They have three wins and two defeats in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- All five of those games in all competitions had fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
- The home side has a two-match winning streak in head to head games at this ground.
- They have won five of the last six clashes here against these visitors.
- The majority of those six games had fewer than 2.5 goals at full time.
Santa Clara vs Guimaraes: Prediction
The home side has a clear upper hand over Guimaraes in matches played at this ground. But currently, they are having trouble winning matches. Most of their games have been drawn which is why they are in mid-table. The only win for Santa Clara was against Aves who have guaranteed relegation to the second tier. Apart from the two defeats to stronger teams like Benfica and Braga; the visitors are going well in recent games on the road. So I am backing the visitors to take all three points from this one.
The away team has conceded goals to mid-table sides in recent games. This can be seen in the latest fixtures like the ones against Gil Vicente and Belenenses. From their 16 away fixtures, they have given away 21 goals while scoring 24 in return. A similar defensive weakness can be seen in the home matches of Santa Clara too. So I think we can see goals from both sides on Friday.
Santa Clara vs Guimaraes: Betting Tips
The away team to win @ 1.65 (7/11).
Both teams to score @ 1.62 (5/8).