Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon FC
South Korea K League 1
Date: Saturday, 16 May 2020
Kick-Off at 06:00 UK/ 07:00 CET
Venue: Sangju Civic Stadium (Sangju).
The hosts started the season with an away defeat to the current runners-up. Ulsan Hyundai dominated that game scoring 4 goals and kept a clean sheet as well. Sangju will want to start anew at home as they face Gangwon who they have a streak against at this venue.
Gangwon pulled off a stunner against Seoul FC who was third last season. The team from Gangwon province is second in the table after that impressive display at home. But they have a poor away form in recent months. They are yet to win a competitive game away from home in their last 11 trips. So I believe they will have their hands full when they travel to Sangju Civic Stadium.
Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon FC: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sangmu has 2 wins and 2 defeats in the last 5 matches against this opposition.
- In 3 of those 5 matches, the score has over 2.5 goals.
- The hosts have a 2 match win streak in their recent meetings at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of their clashes here.
- Gangwon is on a 10 match winless run away from home in the league.
Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon FC: Prediction
There is clear daylight between them in the points table. But the stark contrast in home and away forms will play a key role in this tie. The hosts have done pretty well in home matches compared to their upcoming opposition.
Sangju has three wins in their last 5 home games and the remaining 2 were defeats. Even though they have won those matches, the last 9 matches saw them concede goals. On the contrary, the visitors are struggling in matches on the road. But even if they lost the majority of those matches they have found the net in most of them as well. So I am backing the hosts to win with both sides getting goals.
Sangju Sangmu vs Gangwon FC: Betting Tips
- Sangju to win at home @ 2.20 (6/5).
- Both teams to score @ 1.72 (5/7).