Sampdoria vs SPAL
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 5 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: Stadio Luigi Ferraris (Genoa)
Sampdoria finally came back to winning ways after the away game against Lecce. This 1-2 win ended the three-game losing run. They had to face some tough opponents like Roma and Inter in recent weeks. But the win against Lecce will give the upcoming opponents a warning.
The visitors are in the relegation zone losing more than half of their games this season. Their last league action saw a hopeful 2-2 draw against giants AC Milan. They could have had a win if they managed to defend the 2-0 lead they had in the first half. Suspensions will also add to their suffering going into this match.
Sampdoria vs SPAL: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sampdoria is on a four-game winning streak against this opposition.
- The last time Spal won this fixture was back in May 2018.
- In four of their last five meetings, both sides found the back of the net.
- All those four matches also had more than 2.5 goals.
- The four games also had the same final score of 2-1.
- The hosts have never lost to Spal in three previous head to head games here.
- They have scored at least two goals in all three of those matches at this ground.
Sampdoria vs SPAL: Prediction
The recent win against Lecce has given the hosts a great morale boost for sure. If they need to stay clear of the relegation zone more wins are needed. On the other hand, Spal has no wins in three games. The recent draw will give them confidence but it may not be enough to get out of the red zone. They have lost in all their three previous trips to this ground too.
Spal was able to break the defense of the former champions twice in their latest fixture. They have also scored against Napoli and Lazio in the recent past. So we can expect goals from both sides on Sunday. Thus I am backing the home teams to win with goals on both ends of the field.
Sampdoria vs SPAL: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score @ 1.75(3/4).
- Sampdoria to win @ 1.90(9/10).