Salernitana vs Inter Milan
Italy – Serie A
Date: Friday, 17 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadio Arechi.
This is a game between two extremes. Inter are the reigning champion of Italy, and they have once again raced to the top of the table – in style.
They are being chased by the teams just below. However, this match-day is a great opportunity for them.
Reason being – the second-placed AC Milan are pitted against the fourth-placed Napoli, while the third-placed Atalanta are locking horns with the sixth-placed Roma.
At the same time, the toppers are taking on the dead-last placed Salernitana, who were promoted to the top flight just at the end of the last season.
By the looks of things, expect a huge win for Inter this Friday.
Salernitana vs Inter Milan Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last these two teams locked horns was in 1999. Then, Salernitana recorded a 2-0 win at home.
- Before that, these two had clashed in 1998. Then, Inter registered a 2-1 win at home.
- These remain the only occasions in the past three decades, when these two teams have met on the pitch.
Salernitana vs Inter Milan Prediction & Analysis
Salernitana lost 4-0 on the road the last match-day, against Fiorentina. They are also on a three-game losing streak, and had lost six of the former seven fixtures.
They had also lost 13 of the preceding 17 games, and have won just twice at home in 2021-22. One of these wins had come in the Coppa Italia, against a team from the lower division.
On the other hand, Inter had recorded a 4-0 win at home against Cagliari.
They had also won nine of their preceding eleven fixtures, and they have lost just against three teams since January of 2021 – Juventus, Lazio, and Real Madrid.
Taking into account these stats, expect a huge win for the defending champions, against the recently-promoted Salernitana.
Key Stats for Betting
- Salernitana are placed bottom-most in the table, and have a total of just two wins all through the campaign.
- They have scored the least number of goals in the whole competition, and have conceded the most, barring Spezia.
- Meanwhile, Inter are placed first in the table, and they have a 100% unbeaten record so far, disregarding a single defeat – which had come against Lazio.
- They have scored six more goals than the second-best offense in the league, and have conceded the least – disregarding only Napoli.
Tips for Salernitana vs Inter Milan
Inter Milan -2.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.40 (7/5)
Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).