Salernitana vs Cagliari
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 8 May 2022
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Arechi.
Salernitana require huge praise for what they have done in the last several weeks. They were placed in the bottom-most tier of the table, and it was thought that they were about to be relegated to the second division.
However, they have gone on a stretch of good results, and have scored goals in huge rates. And with just a handful of games remaining in the competition, they have climbed above the relegation cut off.
Now all they need to do is ensure that this cushion of points is kept intact till the tournament is concluded- which is in a very short time.
This upcoming encounter is also important, since they are pitted against a direct rival in the relegation race. While they are placed 17th in the table hanging by a thread over the relegation cut off, they are pitted against the 18th placed Cagliari, who are desperate to extend their stay in the top flight.
The two teams are separated by a single point, and whoever wins this upcoming fixture will have the momentum to go on and secure the last safe spot in the standings.
And based on recent form, Salernitana have all the advantage.
Salernitana vs Cagliari Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse fixture had finished in a 1-1 draw.
- Four of the past six meetings had three or more goals.
- At this venue, the hosts had recorded four of the last six wins.
- Five of the previous seven encounters at this stadium had three or more goals.
Salernitana vs Cagliari Prediction & Analysis
Salernitana won 2-1 at home the last match-day against Venezia. They had also won four of their past five fixtures, and are unbeaten in their past five games.
On the other hand, Cagliari lost 1-2 at home the past game week against Verona. They had also lost seven of their previous eight overall games, and they have won just twice on the road in the entire season.
Considering these observations, expect a win for the in-form Salernitana this Sunday at their home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Salernitana are one of the only four teams in the competition to have remained unbeaten in the past five matchdays.
- Along with defending champions Inter Milan, they are one of the only two teams in the league to have won four of their past five fixtures.
Tips for Salernitana vs Cagliari
Salernitana to Win @ 2.40 (7/5)
Correct Score: 2-1 Salernitana @ 9.00 (8/1).