Rosenborg vs Tromso
Date: Saturday, 7 July 2018
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK / 18:00 CET
Venue: Lerkendal Stadion, Trondheim.
Rosenborg and Tromso are set to open the Matchday No 16 on Saturday afternoon as they take on each other in the most thrilling affair of the round in Eliteserien. The reigning champions narrowed the gap to table-toppers Brann to four points after beating Sandefjord 0-1 on the road last weekend. Rosenborg thus made it back-to-back clean sheet wins after a short break and they’ll head into the derby with Tromso high on confidence.
Nevertheless, the visitors have also been thriving in the final third lately, meaning we could be in for a true spectacle on the day. The Finnish manager Simo Valakari has reasons to be thrilled with his team’s form as Tromso climbed up to the fifth place 9in the league ladder after winning three Eliteserien outings on the trot.
Rosenborg vs Tromso: Head-to-head
- Troillongan have a positive head to head record with Tromso, but they will be looking for the revenge here after losing the previous clash 2-1 on the road.
- It was the lone head to head fixture between these two sides in 2018. Tromso thus lost just one of last four ties with Rosenborg.
- Seven of last eight head to head encounters saw goals at both ends.
- Rosenborg were, however, super dominant in matches on the home patch, winning 13 and losing just 3 of 23 there.
Rosenborg vs Tromso: Prediction
The visitors play attractive attacking football which is why you should not be surprised to see that each of last four matches they played in all competitions saw three or more goals and both teams netting. This is exactly the scenario we are expecting to see when Tromso visit Trondheim on Saturday as the home win & BTTS appears to be the standout pick, set at the odds of 3.00.
Either way, we should really be in for goals here as punters who fancy safer options can go with the Over 2.5 goals FT bet at 1.61.
Rosenborg vs Tromso: Bet Tips
- Over 2.5 goals FT @ 1.61
- Rosenborg to win & BTTS @ 3.00.