Romania kick start their final rounds of Euro 2016 dress rehearsal with a friendly against DR Congo in a neutral venue at the Stadio Giuseppe Sinigaglia in Como, Italy.
Romania will be keen to test their metal against some strong oppositions in the build up to the final Euro competition in France. Starting with DR Congo, they will meet Ukraine and Georgia in two other friendlies. They are drawn in a tough group alongside hosts France, Switzerland and Albania and head-coach Anghel Iordanescu knows well there is little room for error.
DR Congo are coming on the back of consecutive wins in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. They have lost just once in their last 8 fixtures and their coach Florent Ibenge will be keen to test his squad for the qualifiers against Madagascar on 3rd June.
- Romania are unbeaten in their last 16 matches in all competitions.
- Romania are very likely to hold their oppositions to a draw, as there are 6 draws in their last 8 matches.
- There are four 0-0 draws in the last 8 matches of Romania.
- Seven of the last eight matches of Romania had seen under 2.5 goals.
- DR Congo are unbeaten in their last 5 matches, all of which came in African continental competitions.
- DR Congo had scored 2 or more goals in each of their last three matches.
Romania vs DR Congo: Head-to-Head
Romania and Congo had never met in an official match before, and this will be first time that the two teams lock horns on a football field.
Romania vs DR Congo: Prediction
Romania head-coach Anghel Iordănescu will be using these final round of friendlies to trim his squad size to 23 for the upcoming Euro competitions in France. For the same reason, whatever squad he put forth, they will be looking to impress the coach for one last time.
DR Congo has no pressure on them and their form is good, so do the Romanians. So this will be an interesting contest in prospect and we are likely to see some goals on both ends. A draw is very likely, but the final result can tip to either sides, so betting on full time result and over/under involves high risk.
My Prediction for this match is a 1-1 draw.