A.S. Roma welcome Torino to Stadio Olimpico for the mid-week Serie A fixture hoping to snatch all three points in-order to hold onto the final Champions League qualification spot. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 19:45 GMT on Wednesday, 20th April 2016.
Roma were held to a 3-3 draw by Atalanta in the weekend, which marked their third draw in four matches and must be vary of Inter Milan who are closing in at a four point gap.They are five points below second placed Napoli and they cannot afford to lose any more points.
Torino are in good form and have won three in a row after going to a win-less run in the previous five matches. They are currently tenth in the league table and they have a good chance of finishing in the top half if they carry on the form till the end of the season.
- Roma have drawn their last two league games, but are still unbeaten in their last 12 Serie A games.
- Roma have drawn in 3 of their last 4 league matches, prior to winning all of their 8 previous matches.
- The Giallorossi have scored at least a goal in 10 of their last 11 matches.
- Torino are coming on the back of three consecutive wins, before failing to win in 5 matches in a row.
- Torino’s away form was not that great this season, but they have now won two in a row, against Inter 2-1 and Bologna 1-0.
- Torino have scored 2 or more goals in 4 of their last 6 away matches in the league.
Roma: Team News
Lucas Digne is the latest injury causality for AS Roma, while Iago Falque will miss the clash through suspension.
Edin Dzeko, who started in the 3-3 draw against Atalanta is likely to be dropped to the bench after a terrible performance on the weekend.
Roma: Predicted Starting Line-up (4-3-3)
Zukanovic, Rudiger, Manolas, Florenzi
Pjanic, Keita, Nainggolan
Perotti, Salah, Shaarawy
Torino: Team News
Marco Benassi, Danilo Avelar, Ciro Immobile and Afriyie Acquah are sidelined for Torino due to injuries. While Maxi López is a doubt as he is struggling for match fitness.
Head Coach Giampiero Ventura is expected to rotate the squad in order to keep players fit.
Torino: Expected Starting Line-up (3-5-2)
Bovo, Glik, Moretti
Peres, Baselli, Vives, Obi, Molinaro
Roma vs Torino: Head-to-Head Stats
- Roma have lost to Torino just twice in 27 matches played between them in all competitions.
- Torino’s last win was on December 2007 in a Copa Italia fixture and their only win in Serie A in 25 meetings was on May 2007.
- Roma’s record against Torino from 25 matches in Serie A is 14 wins, 9 draws and 1 loss.
- Roma have won all of their last 5 league matches at home against Torino.
- Their last two meetings, including the one in this seasons reverse fixture, end in 1-1 draws, both played at Torino.
Roma vs Torino: Prediction
Roma will be desperate for a win after managing a meagre 6 points from their last 4 games. The Giallorossi are vulnerable at the back, but their attack is still one of the best in Europe.
Torino have a poor record against Roma and haven’t won in the last 11 matches against Roma. Despite their recent good run of form, they are not expected to do well in this particular fixture.
My money is on Roma to win this one fairly easy and make amends for the points dropped in previous weeks. The exact score prediction for this match is Roma 3-1 Torino, and for those who bet over 3.5 goals offer good value for money.