Roma vs Cagliari
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 16 January 2022
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Olimpico.
Roma are one of the best in Italy, and they are one of the top-four prospects. However, they are placed in the seventh position at the moment, and they have quite some ground to cover to get to the top-most tier.
They will have to overtake the likes of Juventus and Atalanta to do such a thing, and by no means is it going to be easy.
Likely, they will have to be in the hunt for points, and this upcoming match-up is a great opportunity to do that.
They are at home, and are pitted against one of the relegation-battlers. Cagliari are placed 18th in a table of 20, and they have had one of the worst defenses in the entire competition.
Moreover, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Roma at the Stadio Olimpico this weekend.
Roma vs Cagliari Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for Roma.
- They had recorded ten of the past eleven overall wins.
- At this venue, the hosts had won five of the preceding six meetings.
- The hosts had scored three or more goals in two of the last three clashes at this ground.
Roma vs Cagliari Prediction & Analysis
Roma did lose 3-4 at home the last match-day. But it was none other than Juventus. In fact, their few losses this season have come against some of the best teams in Italy.
Going on, at home, they have been on a superb run almost through the entirety of 2021. In the process they had gone through a seven-match winning run, and their only three losses at this venue in the past ten-month period, had come against the three best teams in the country.
On the other hand, Cagliari did win 2-1 at home the past game week. But it was against the struggling Bologna. Going on, they were winless in 18 of their preceding 22 games, and they could manage a single win on the road this whole season in all competitions.
Taking into account these observations, and the h2h superiority of Roma, expect a win for them this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Roma are in possession of the seventh spot, and they have lost just thrice at home since April of 2021.
- These three losses had come against Juventus, AC Milan, and Inter.
- Meanwhile, Cagliari are placed 18th in the table, and despite having played an extra game, they need a surplus of two points to climb out of the relegation zone.
- Only the dead-last placed Salernitana have conceded more goals than them in the competition.
Tips for Roma vs Cagliari
Roma –1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.67 (2/3).