Rio Ave vs Tondela
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Tuesday, 9 February 2021
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Estádio do Rio Ave.
Rioavistas are going through a dismal spell at the moment, and are dropping points as well as conceding goals at a worrying rate. They are currently placed 14th in the table, just two points above the relegation cut-off.
Meanwhile, Auriverdes too are undergoing a similar stretch. They too are dropping downwards in the table, and are letting in goals in huge numbers.
Moreover, h2h meetings over the years have had goals in plenty as well.
Likely, expect these two struggling, under-pressure teams to deliver a goal-fest this Tuesday.
Rio Ave vs Tondela: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last eleven straight encounters had goals from both teams (100% of meetings in the past decade).
- Six of the preceding ten clashes had three or more goals.
- 100% of match-ups at this venue in the past decade had four or more goals, disregarding a single game.
- The hosts have scored two or more goals in all but one fixture here.
- The latest game at this stadium had ended in a 2-4 win for the visitors.
Rio Ave vs Tondela Prediction
Miguel Cardoso’s men were winless in eight of their past nine overall matches, and had conceded two or more goals in six of their former nine games. And at home, they have won just six times since the start of 2020.
On the other hand, their opposite number were winless in eight of their past eleven match-ups, and they are on a six-fixture losing run on the road.
In fact, note that Pako Ayestaran’s men had conceded two or more goals in their former six road trips, and have won twice away from home since February of 2020.
Finally, majority of h2h clashes over the years have also had goals in huge numbers over the years.
As such, expect a goal-fest this Tuesday between these two.
Rio Ave vs Tondela: Betting Tips
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.25 (5/4).