Rio Ave vs Moreirense
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 2nd January 2019
Kick-off at 20.15 UK/ 21.15 CET
Venue: Estádio do Rio Ave (Vila do Conde).
Moreirense comes knocking at the Estádio do Rio Ave to take on Rio Ave in this Portuguese Primeira Liga match. The tie takes place on Wednesday and is the 15th round in the tournament.
Rio Ave is the 10th team in the table and has posted 19 points on the board. Their record reads 5 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. The team scored 23 goals and conceded 23 in return.
Moreirense has the 7th position in the league table, after securing 22 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 15 goals till now and received 19 back. Moreirense won 7 matches, drew 1 and lost the remaining 6.
In their most recent matches, Rio Ave drew against Ferreira, at home, 1-1 and Moreirense won against Boavista, at home, with a score of 2-1.
Rio Ave vs Moreirense Head-to-head (h2h)
- Moreirense won the last h2h match against Rio Ave.
- Rio Ave is winless in their last 6 matches.
- Moreirense won 7 of their last 10 games.
- Rio Ave was winless in 4 of their last 5 home-ties.
- Moreirense won 4 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Rio Ave has scored in 14 of their last 15 overall matches, and in 19 of their last 20 home-ties.
- Moreirense has scored in 8 of their last 10 overall games, and in 9 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Carlos Vinicius has been the best player for Rio Ave with 7 goals and 0 assists this season, and Nene for Moreirense, with 3 goals and 0 assists.
Rio Ave vs Moreirense Prediction
In their entire history of h2h matches, only once in 2001 did a match end with a winning margin of other than one. Every one of the other games was either a draw or a win with a margin of one. That trend will likely be extended this week. Both teams have put up similar stats through the course of the season, and nothing much separates them.
Cripple Rio Ave with a handicap, and the win will most likely go to Moreirense. They have better defensive record than Rio and has posted a much better away record. Rio is winless at home in four of their last five attempts, while Moreirense has won four of their last six games.
There’s little chance that Rio will be leading at halftime. Go for a Double Chance on Moreirense to be unbeaten as the first half concludes.
Rio Ave vs Moreirense Betting Tips
EH (-1 for Rio Ave); Moreirense to Win @ 1.83 (5/6)
Half Time Double Chance: Moreirense or Draw @ 1.50 (1/2).