Rio Ave vs Benfica
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 17 June 2020
Kick-Off at 21:15 UK/ 22:15 CET
Venue: Estádio do Rio Ave (Vila do Conde)
Benfica needs to break the drawing streak they are currently on if they wish to lift the title. They are currently second with a 2 point difference with toppers Porto. The reigning champs have drawn all 4 previous league games which include both home and away fixtures.
Rio Ave returned back to winning ways after the defeat against Ferreira. The latest win against Moreirense made it 11 wins in the current season for the Rioavistas. They have a respectable attack but if they wish to get into the title race they will have to get a major upgrade in that department. With Benfica in the next match, their defense will need to be literally perfect to avoid a goal fest this Wednesday.
Rio Ave vs Benfica: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Benfica has a 6 game winning streak against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten in the last 12 competitive matches on the trot.
- Rio Ave previously won this fixture back in March 2015.
- The latest 7 of their clashes saw both sides getting goals.
- In 6 games during that spell, the score had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Benfica has not lost at this ground in the last 5 years.
- The last 3 head to head games here had goals from both sides.
Rio Ave vs Benfica: Prediction
The reason for back to back draws in recent weekdays for the visitors was because of their silly mistakes at the back. Considering Rio Ave has never failed to get goals in home games, we can expect them to get goals. Also, the recent head to head stats also shows the same trend. So I am backing both teams to score on Wednesday.
Benfica has dominated in head to head matches against this opposition. Apart from some rare wins, Rio Ave has always felt the heat against the reigning champions. Benfica has lost only thrice this season and I do not see Rio beating them here. So I am backing the visiting team to grab three points.
Rio Ave vs Benfica: Betting Tips
- Benfica to win @ 1.63 (5/8).
- Both teams to score @ 1.90 (9/10).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.