Rio Ave vs Belenenses
Portugal – Cup
Date: Thursday, 23 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Estádio do Rio Ave.
Both these teams come from different leagues. Rio Ave from the second division, while Belenenses come from the top flight.
However, the story does not end there. Rio Ave are in comparatively far better form, and they are one of the best teams in the Liga Portugal 2. In fact, they are one of the contenders to get promoted at the end of the season.
Meanwhile, Belenenses are the absolute worst team in the first division, and are on a long losing streak. They are conceding goals in huge numbers, and importantly, they also have a poor h2h record against this rival.
Judging recent form, and previous h2h results, expect Rio Ave to be the better team on the pitch this Thursday.
Rio Ave vs Belenenses Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a goalless draw.
- Rio are on a nine-game unbeaten run.
- It’s been five years since the hosts have lost at this venue.
- Since 2000, the visitors have won just twice at this stadium.
Rio Ave vs Belenenses Prediction & Analysis
Rio had won four of their past seven games, and they have lost a total of just thrice at home since May. In spite of playing in the second division, the momentum they have built over the past several months will definitely be a deciding factor this Thursday.
On the other hand, Belenenses are on a three-match losing streak, and they have a total of two wins from their past 22 games.
Taking into account their recent form, as well as their inferiority in h2h clashes over the years, expect Rio Ave to emerge victorious at their home this match-day. And considering the defensive issues of Belenenses, expect goals in plenty too.
Key Stats for Betting
- Belenenses are placed bottom-most in the first division, and they have a total of one win all through their league campaign.
- They had lost four of their past five overall fixtures, and had conceded a total of 14 goals in the process.
- Meanwhile, the last Rio failed to score at home was back in September.
- They had scored two or more goals in six of the past ten home fixtures.
Tips for Rio Ave vs Belenenses
Rio Ave to Win @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.20 (6/5).