Rennes vs Nice
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Roazhon Park.
Rennes have been possibly the best team in the whole French top flight lately, and are firmly in control of the second spot in the table. They have been scoring goals in huge numbers, and particularly at home they have been a force to reckon with all through this 2021-22 season.
Meanwhile, Nice might not be in the best of forms lately. But they have been scoring goals consistently, and impressively on the road, their offense has been on fire.
It also deserves to be mentioned that they have the better h2h record in recent years.
By the looks of things, the expectation is that goals will come from either side of the pitch this Sunday at the Roazhon Park.
Rennes vs Nice Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for Nice on the road.
- They had recorded eight of the past nine overall wins.
- The guests had won the last two meetings at this stadium.
- It’s been six years since the hosts have won at this ground.
Rennes vs Nice Prediction & Analysis
Rennes recorded a massive 0-5 win on the road the last match-day, against Saint Etienne. They had also remained unbeaten in 14 of the past 15 fixtures, and 11 of these were wins.
They had also scored two or more goals in 10 of the past 13 matches, and at home they have failed to find the back of the net just once since February.
On the other hand, Nice did lose 0-3 at home against Strasbourg. But they are on a three-game unbeaten run on the road. They had also won five of the last eight road trips, and had scored two or more goals in six of the preceding ten away games.
And on top of that, they also have the better h2h record in recent times.
Taking into account all these observations, expect a goal-fest between the two teams this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Rennes are placed second in the table at the moment, trailing only behind toppers PSG.
- Barring Strasbourg, and toppers PSG, they have scored the most number of goals in the competition.
- They have lost just twice at home since February in all competitions, and one of these losses had come against defending French champions Lille.
- Meanwhile, Nice have lost just twice on the road since May, and despite having a point deducted from their tally, they are placed fourth in the table.
Tips for Rennes vs Nice
Both Teams to Score @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).