Reims vs Saint-Etienne
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday, 11 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Auguste-Delaune.
Saint-Etienne are easily the worst team in the whole of the Ligue 1 at the moment, and are understandably placed bottom-most in the table.
It goes without saying that they are a prime contender to get relegated at the end of the campaign, and have conceded the second-most number of goals in the competition as well.
Meanwhile, Reims are one of the very few teams in the entire competition to stay unbeaten in the past five match-days in the league, and they also have a great h2h record against this foe over the years.
By the looks of things, expect them to post the three points on the board this weekend.
Reims vs Saint-Etienne Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Reims are on a four-game unbeaten run.
- They had scored three or more goals in the last two clashes at this venue.
- Since 2000, only once have the guests kept a clean sheet at this ground.
Reims vs Saint-Etienne Prediction & Analysis
Reims lost 1-2 at home the last match-day, against Angers. But before that they were on a four-game unbeaten run, and they have lost just three times at home this whole season.
Going on, they have lost just seven times at home in the whole of 2021, and they have failed to score just thrice at home in the past seven-month period.
On the other hand, Etienne had lost 0-5 at home the past game week, against Rennes. They are also on a three-fixture losing run, and had conceded a total of nine goals in the process.
Moreover, they were winless in 22 of the past 25 overall matches, and in the process they had gone on two separate three-fixture losing streaks and a five-match losing run as well.
Considering these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for Reims this Saturday at the Stade Auguste-Delaune.
Key Stats for Betting
- Etienne are placed 20th in a table of 20, and they have so far recorded a total of just two wins.
- Only one other team has scored fewer goals than them in the league, and only one other team has conceded more than them.
- Meanwhile, Reims have lost just thrice at home all through this Ligue 1 season, and one of these defeats had come against PSG.
- They had also won two of their last three fixtures, and had remained unbeaten in four of the past five games.
Tips for Reims vs Saint-Etienne
Reims to Win @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Reims @ 2.25 (5/4).