Real Sociedad vs Mallorca
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Reale Arena.
Sociedad are placed third in the table at the moment, and are level on points with the top-two placed Madrid teams. They are expected to secure a comfortable win this Saturday at their home, against the newly-promoted Mallorca, over whom they have a great h2h record.
Real Sociedad vs Mallorca Head-to-head
- The latest encounter saw Real recording a 3-0 win against this opponent.
- They had won six of the former nine clashes.
- At home, they are on an eight-fixture winning streak.
- The hosts had a combined scorecard of 10-0, from the last five clashes at this venue.
Real Sociedad vs Mallorca Prediction & Analysis
Sociedad were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, against Getafe. They are on a nine-fixture unbeaten streak at the moment, and since both the Madrid teams have tough games coming up in the league, it’s an opportunity to climb to the top of the table.
Moreover, they have lost just eight times all through 2021, and six of these defeats had come against Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, or Manchester United.
On the other hand, Mallorca had recorded a 1-0 win at home the previous game week, against Levante. They were on a four-game winless run before that, and three of these were losses.
Moreover, they are a new team to the Spanish top flight, and they are not yet ready to take on the veterans of the league. And finally, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
For all these reasons, expect a convincing win for Sociedad this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sociedad are currently placed third in La Liga standings, and they had secured a fifth-place finish the last time around. Meanwhile, their counterparts for the day were in the Segunda.
- Only once have they lost this whole season, and the defeat had come against Barcelona. Moreover, they have a 100% winning record at home in the league, barring a single draw – against Sevilla.
- Mallorca have a 100% losing record on the road, disregarding a single victory – and this sole win had come against the 19th placed Alaves.
- They had conceded a total of eight goals from their last two road trips combined, while Sociedad are yet to concede a goal at home in the new La Liga campaign.
Tips for Real Sociedad vs Mallorca
Real Sociedad -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 2.20 (6/5).