Real Salt Lake vs New York Red Bulls:
MLS Western Conference;
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016;
Kick-off: 3:00 BST;
Venue: Rio Tinto Stadium (Utah).
New York Red Bulls will be dreaming of a chance to close the gap at the helm of the MLS Eastern Conference table when they face Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium on Thursday.
The home team Real Salt Lake were lucky to grab an equalizer in the 70th minute on Sunday against Portland Timbers to get a 2-2 draw to continue their unbeaten run, they 3rd in the MLS western conference with 24 points from 14 rounds and are just 7 points below the table leaders Colorado Rapids, they will be hoping for a win this game to continue their unbeaten run.
Mean while the Red Bulls seem to have found their feet after a shaky start into the MLS new season, they enter this game on the back of a 2-0 win at home against Seattle Sounders in their last game. Red Bulls hope to win this to keep their good form going.
- Real Salt Lake has a powerful attack which has helped in boosting their form, they have scored 25 goals in 14 league matches.
- At home Real Salt Lakers are unbeaten in their last six fixtures, they have won 5 and drawn 1.
- The Red Bulls are on a good form also, they have score 26 in their 15 league matches, but the most interesting part is they have conceded none in their last 4 Games.
- The Red Bulls are currently on a 4 game winning streak which includes a 7-0 win over their city rivals New York City FC.
Real Salt Lake: Team news
Lakers have Emery Welshman as their only injury concern as they go into this game.
Real Salt Lake: Predicted Line-up
Rimanda – Wingert, Glad, Maund, Beltran – Morales, Mulholland, Sunny – Plata, Movsisyan, Martinez
New York Red Bulls: Team news
Wright-Phillips, and Damien Perrinell are all out on injury.
New York Red Bulls: Predicted Line-up
Robles – Lade, Duvall, Zubar, Zizzo – Martins, McCarty – Grella, Kijestan, Sam – B.Wright-Phillips.
Real Salt Lake vs New York Red Bulls: Head to Head
The last 6 games between these two teams have recorded a draw, 2 wins for the Red Bulls and 3 wins for the Lakers.
Their last game was a 1-0 win for the Red Bulls last year and the Red Bulls have not lost to Lakers since 2013.
Real Salt Lake vs new York Red Bulls: Prediction
Both teams are in good form but the New York Red Bulls recent form is outstanding, they have won their last 4 games and kept clean sheets in their last 4 games. However, Real Salt Lake are undefeated in their last 7 home games against New York Red Bulls which makes this tie look very difficult to take sides.
I’m taking sides with the New York Red Bulls considering their recent good form.
1. New York Red Bull win or draw
2. Over 2.5 goals(risky)
3. Both teams to score(risky)